Written by Henrik Wehrmann
- Fill up at the Gas Station, before hitting the water. The price at the pumps on the water is always going to be more than on land.
- Drive Smoother. The smoother you accelerate and decelerate the less gas you are going to burn.
- Slow down.
- Minimize idle times
- Ensure that your engine is well tuned.
- Know where you are going.
- Minimize use of onboard generators.
- Proper use of the trim reduces drag, especially when accelerating to plaining speeds.
- Make sure that you have the right prop on your boat, the wrong prop will be slow out of the hole or lack top end speed therefore making it inefficient.
- Lose weight. Unnecessary items will weigh you down and in turn burn more fuel.