- Written by Dustin Schwerman
Unfortunately, boats and yachts are not like cars. There is no default way of tracking a boat's price. You can't just look for blue book value boats on-line or at the library, because there is no blue book value of boats. The best you can do is get a good estimate from trusted boat or yacht brokers. Of course, this isn't always the easiest task. Whether you are looking for new or used boats for sale, luxury yachts or repossessed boats, you need to find a broker you know has your best interests at heart. Here are a few suggestions for making sure the broker you find is the right one for you.
First, you shouldn't actually have to pay the broker. You're already going to be paying for the boat! A good broker should be getting a part of the commission that the seller pays its broker to sell the boat. If that doesn't quite make sense, look at it like this: the seller is paying its broker a commission to find someone who can buy the boat. The seller's broker might work with people directly, or it might contact buyer's brokers and pay them a sort of "finder's fee" to handle most of the legwork involved in finding a buyer. One works with the buyer, one works with the seller, and everyone's interests are well protected.
The best brokers are liscensed and bound to a specific code of ethics. Naturally, these might be difficult to find, as Florida and California are currently the only two states that have professional regulations for yacht brokers. Failing this, a background check of the broker's past business practices is a good secondary option. Remember, a boat can be a major investment, and you would want to trust your broker the same way you would want to trust a real estate agent when you are buying a new home.
It also helps if your broker has actually owned a boat and has experience working with one. A broker without hands-on experience might not be able to recognize all the little details that could increase or reduce a boat's value. Remember: blue book value boats don't exist. Your broker is your only estimate of how much a boat is worth, and an inexperienced broker could miss details that could save you hundreds of dollars.
Additionally, it can be beneficial to pre-qualify for a boat loan before you begin shopping for a new or used boat for sale. A well-connected broker could very well be able to put you in touch with marine finance sources, as well as boat or yacht insurance brokers. This can be a big help and give you some extra leverage in negotiations.
In the end, finding the right boat or yacht broker is one of the most important steps in buying a repossessed boat, luxury yacht, or other means of marine travel. Almost, in fact, as important as finding the right boat. There are no blue book value boats, so you have to make do with the best alternate source of information available. Fortunately, a skilled boat trader can not only provide a good estimate of a boat's value, but also invaluable information regarding how to go about buying and even using your new boat.
- Written by Robert Thomas
Once you have gone through the challenge of choosing the proper boat for your fishing needs you still have the hassle of making sure you are getting a good deal. There are a few tips and factors to consider so you make sure you are getting a proper deal on a used bass boat. Consider the following five tips when choosing a Ranger bass boat.
1. The first step is very important. You need to make sure you have proof of ownership. If you don’t then there is a chance you could be buying stolen property. If you aren’t completely confident in your ability to research and choose a boat then you can always go through a broker. A broker will be able to find you a good deal, a legitimate boat and also provide you with expert opinion on what boat you want to buy. A broker can also help you arrange for financing options. Once you have a boat in mind then you can focus on the test drive in order to find out if the boat is in good condition.
2. Before you start your test drive it is a good idea to let the engine warm up. Having a warmed-up engine is a good indication of whether or not the boat will have start-up trouble. Some owners will have the boat already started by the time you get there, this may be a sign that they are trying to hide something. Always make sure the boat is warmed-up in your presence.
3. Once the boat is running you should take a look around the boat before leaving for the test drive. You should look for oil leaks around the bilge; this should also be done after the test drive. Check how well the gauges and instruments work. Always be sure to check the oil pressure.
4. While on the test run you want to pay careful attention to the maneuvering of the boat. This can tell you a lot about the overall capability of the boat. A part of the test run should include maneuvering for wide and tight turns. Check the response time by maneuvering the boat both forward and backward. Find out how long it takes to get to high speeds as well as how well the boat handles at low speeds. Make sure you test drive is long enough to check for overheating problem.
5. Finally, if you are sure this is the boat you want and that it is worth buying you can start negotiating for the best price. After a selling price is agreed upon be sure the owner documents it as well as the terms of purchase and other add-ons that may need to be purchased. If you are buying a new boat it is always a good idea to contact multiple dealers first so you can comparison shop before buying your boat. If you are shopping for used boats then you likely won’t be able to find a better deal or even the same boat. If this is the case you will likely want to buy the first boat that successfully meets your needs and pasts sea trials.
- Written by Andreas
Listening to the sounds of the water flowing as your boat cruising on the lake or any water surfaces in the world can be truly enjoying. It is just like the sounds of nature especially when you listen to the water splashing along the sides of your boat. To certain people, this enjoyment represents lots of meaning to them such as; freedom, meditations with the surroundings elements of nature, freeing their mind from their daily works pressures, the curiosity of discovering the new places and lots more.
In addition, the true meaning of boating fun hardly can be described as many people have their own motives in boating. The best way in defining the funs of boating only can be described by you. It is best to experience the boating fun by yourself so that you will know which enjoyments suits in your lifestyle.
Boating is more than a joyride
for many people, most of them will conclude that having a boating fun is just like having a joyride. For them, the excitements of these boating funs only can be experience by feeling the wind blowing to their face with their hairs streaming messily behind as the boat cruising and bouncing through the waves of the lake or any water surfaces.
However, having a real boating fun is not only that. The real purposes of having a boating fun between us is to spend our quality time with our beloved family or friends in boating such as enjoying the nature, discovering new places or a father-son fishing activity. By these ways, our relationship with them will improve. Not only that, these kinds of activities will forge a lot of new memory among us to be remembered in our future.
Share Boating Fun with your Family
The time you spend when you are boating with your family is valuable and priceless. Moreover, this is the most suitable time in understanding each other rather than being stressed with your house bills payments and your piles of paperwork.
Make full use of this precious moment by spending your time with your family members such as storytelling, jokes, recalling the past memories, playing family games and thought sharing. What is more, you also can enjoy your best moments with them by enjoying the sunset view together. As a conclusion, there is no doubt that boating fun can be shared with your family.
Take your child out for a fishing activity
Fishing with your child usually will close up our relationship with them by the cooperative work, new skills learning, or knowledge sharing which were mostly gained from these fishing activities. At this time, it is best for you to share your past stories with your child as well as educating him or her on fishing and boating. By these ways, you can benefit most of your boating fun for the moment and afterwards.
Sharing the Boating Fun with Your Mate
Boating with your mate allows you to share the joys and excitements of boating with them. You can enjoy sight seeing, fishing and discovering together while cruising on the boat. What is more, sailing and enjoying the sunset with your loved one can promise you a romantic moment and a memorable boating fun.
Page 2 of 2